« Home | Preparing for the best... » | Can you say biatch? » | Still in Shock » | Celebrate » | Not Laughing. » | Ambien CR = friend for the next three weeks » | 5 Things » | Events » | Relief » | Thoughts on Randomness & Predictability » 

11 June 2006 

Take a stand

I've been contemplating the concept of forgiveness the last few days. It fascinates me.

I want to know how people fit or don't fit forgiveness into their own lives. Is it a principal they live by, is it a spiritual concept, logic based, or simply not an important element?

More than anything else, I want to know what things in life are forever, and straight-up, unforgivable. Or if no situation applies to that idea, why always forgive?

I think if somebody purposely hurt a loved one of mine, I could not forgive that. It goes against everything I believe in but it would be almost impossible for me to forgive.

What about when, in all reality, forgiveness would not change the situation?

I think Renee nailed it.

I've never looked on something as "I've forgiven them", as much as, "I am able to let go of my pissed off anger/hurt/bitterness".

If it feels right and makes you feel better, go for it. Sometimes it can make it easier to forget it. But if you've already forgotten it, then what's to forgive? Just live.

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Ms. E
My profile
eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates