« Home | Let me introduce you to awkward » | I call him Scout » | Managing Myself » | Creep » | The pace of things. » | My family and I are running errands. We stop at t... » | Minnesota » | Two Weeks » | Students all the time... » | Holidays » 

09 March 2007 

Dating Me

I'm an incredibly awkward person to date. I'm supposed to go on a date tomorrow night. Awesome, right? So while I'm talking to this guy on the phone, I'm throwing these really blunt, unmagical statements his way. He's hearing things from me like, if I'm not enjoying myself or interested, I'm going to be straightforward with you and tell you - I expect the same. I don't care for drama. What are your expectations of me? Don't pretend you're perfect. I'm straightforward with people, so please be prepared for that. Why am I saying these things? (insert the obvious)

And yes, in my ideal world I'd be going on a date with someone I just bumped into at the coffee shop. Except I'm just awkward enough (theme for tonight's posts) to completely avoid that person rather than having a little carefree fun and flirting. This all results in giving match.com a try, and it's yielded some good experiences. Maybe I'm just an inverted person? Cute, fun, giggly, making eyes whatever comes after you make sense to me.

Anyway, I get it. Relax. Stop over-analyzing.

Still not sure if I'm going to go through with the date tomorrow night. The phone conversation was disjointed, but that's probably normal. We're going to a jazz club that is nameless in a potentially sketchy part of town. He also sent me a link to you tube of him streaking in one of his messages. What the hell? Crapola. He's an architect.

Go on the date and have fun, you don't have anything to lose! I was going to meet a guy for the first time two years ago (yesterday) and it's been an amazing time for the both of us since then.

Dates can be so freaking awkward. Just know you're not alone feeling that way.

Go and have fun. If you feel awkward or the conversation is stilted, ask him about himself. It never fails.

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Ms. E
My profile
eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates