« Home | The pace of things. » | My family and I are running errands. We stop at t... » | Minnesota » | Two Weeks » | Students all the time... » | Holidays » | Hindsight is 20/20 » | Violence & Death » | 11:36 PM » | What's more expensive? Car battery or stereo system? » 

06 February 2007 

Creep

Badness just creeps into people's lives. Like these past two weeks. Awful. Especially today. I think most of the bad is only of a mild nature, but too much of this mild bad really makes me want to be in therapy - seriously. If you have a license to tell me I'm okay, then I must be. Mild bad is the creepy kind, where you have the rationale to know things could be worse, but you're still swept up in it.

This thundering head is slowing down, barely, but now I'm at the place I love the most in Baltimore. I'm drinking from a huge, powder blue cup, sitting next to a plant that has crept along an entire wall, listening to sultry music, and getting ready to fall into a linguistics textbook. Funny how academia is always there to put the other things on pause, you know the things we don't know how to deal with properly. I'm going to use all the logic I'm capable of performing to take a break from all the other bad emotional thingys. This is how I balance myself out.

Get closer to those bad kids you're teaching, and then when they get arrested we'll film your reaction and make a docudrama out of it.

*poke*

Funny thing is - my students are no part of the ambiguous bad I wrote about. In fact, they are my escape from it.

ambiguous bad = jonathan!

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Ms. E
My profile
eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates