« Home | My family and I are running errands. We stop at t... » | Minnesota » | Two Weeks » | Students all the time... » | Holidays » | Hindsight is 20/20 » | Violence & Death » | 11:36 PM » | What's more expensive? Car battery or stereo system? » | I hide and do my thing » 

04 February 2007 

The pace of things.

Grandfather is in the hospital then out. Now home, he prepares to finally want to fight for his life. This slow descent into death, with no other family but my parents around, is core numbing. It's time like these when I realize pettiness is absolute and absolutely a waste of time. I've traversed that myself but have learned that lesson early. One internal bleeding incident, heart attack, and family battle later, I know more about being human.

It's a good thing that I have solid friends here in Baltimore and students that make me feel too connected to something that should just be considered my job.

Nothing quite wakes you up to life like death.

I am sorry for the ordeal your family is going through.

Once again our situations are a little too parallel.
My grandpa died last week after being in and out of the hospital for a month.
Call me when you need to talk. You're in my thoughts.

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Ms. E
My profile
eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates