« Home | Baltimore teacher learning the art in Philadelphia » | Anew » | B'more » | I begin again » | Vibe » | Take a stand » | Preparing for the best... » | Can you say biatch? » | Still in Shock » | Celebrate » 

09 July 2006 

The city doesn't hide it...

While sipping my guilty pleasure, I watched a man dig through a trash can. His fingers were shaking with desperation as he looked for anything that could slide into his stomach. He piled every edible ounce into a dirty container and walked away.

It's not that I've never seen homelessness and its horrors, but I've never watched a man with so much innocence and defeat. I wanted to do so many things in that moment, yet I did nothing.

As he walked away, turning disgusted stares, I couldn't help wondering about what opportunities were stolen from him.

WOW! It tears your heart out to witness such poverty.

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Ms. E
My profile
eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates