« Home | Anew » | B'more » | I begin again » | Vibe » | Take a stand » | Preparing for the best... » | Can you say biatch? » | Still in Shock » | Celebrate » | Not Laughing. » 

29 June 2006 

Baltimore teacher learning the art in Philadelphia

In Philadelphia I'm learning about resiliency - in myself. I walked into here reminding myself over and over again that my past experiences aren't any more valuable or worse than others'. I still work hard to bite my tongue and absorb instead of dictate what I know to have worked, because it might not work here. Then there's the whole idea that I can pick up and move towards a goal and not be suppressed by my past experiences. Peacefulness is fulfilling.

Results? Confidence. I feel like I'm becoming a disciplined person more-so than ever. The schedule isn't as tiring as everyone made it out to be, and some people disagree with this sentiment. I don't mind getting up at 5, walking and arriving to breakfast by 6:00, walking to transportation by 6:45, teaching and taking courses from 7-4:30, having about an hour to workout-eat-shower-Starbuck's(-blog), being in class from 6:00-9, doing homework until 11ish. Not having personal time isn't getting to me like I was worried about. It must be that whole passion thing again, because teaching becomes me.

Then there's the character building part of this experience, where I work with people who test my patience. I work with people (not my Baltimore colleagues) who won't compromise on any other perspectives but their own, and I realize that was/is sometimes me. Anyway, I addressed it directly and with our supervisor when the behavior didn't change after talking between the two of us.

In the end, I love the people I'm meeting from Baltimore. Enduring relationships are beginning.

About me

  • I'm Ms. E
My profile
eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates