« Home | Hermit » | Sunday Sunday » | Teaching Tip » | Shit list. » | What else? » | The Kick » | School starts tomorrow. I have no idea what to exp... » | Background money swapping » | My little undergrad state university expected more... » | Preparing for a new school » 

24 September 2006 

Grinding Away

This week is closing and peaceful.

My students were the live announcers at our Friday football game. Adorable. Tough high school men, with legs and voice shaking. Yet they sit there at our makeshift broadcast table, slowly building confidence, ignoring the rude remarks from smart ass kids behind them in the stands.

It isn't long before they start to develop a style, catch phrases, and the stands -sparse for sure- become more excitable. I'd like to say that we won in overtime because of my charming young men, in their ties and Sunday best, taking their power seriously.

That image is too adorable for words.
It was the ties and Sunday best that got me...

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Ms. E
My profile
eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates