« Home | Who am I to judge? » | Leave » | Years » | Mango Street » | 6 Weeks » | Winning » | Losing » | My Other Home » | Preparing for Distance » | The Rock Star Complex » 

30 April 2006 

Freedom

Tomorrow brings work. It brings students I adore and miss, even though I saw them yesterday. It brings a softball practice that surely will include laughter, because we're okay with being a scrub team even though we try for more. Tomorrow brings me. Me and my big fat voice singing in my car at 6 in the morning, espresso drinking, volume blasting, hearing dying, tires flying.

I'll sleep with sight on what was fought:

We danced and waved our arms around in the air, like we were somehow graceful at it. I was a pseudo hippy in the crowd, overdressed and quiet and peaceful. I'm attracted to the freedom, but restrained by responsibility.

I danced to Santana songs among potheads. I danced among intellectually stirring people, whom by the way weren't on pot. The dedicated rain didn't dissolve our energy, it strengthened the pull. The light pitter patter outside bore the rhythm inside.

Feet, thighs, hips, arms, fingers, stumbling around, releasing what we fought through all week, until each muscled and tendoned part contributed to a powerful subculture of freedom among strangers.

About me

  • I'm Ms. E
My profile
eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates