« Home | Losing » | My Other Home » | Preparing for Distance » | The Rock Star Complex » | A true test » 

20 April 2006 

Winning

At 2:15 I get on the PA system at school. Trying my best to sound like a cool radio announcer, I call my softball players out of class to get dressed for our away game. Problem #1: It's Fuckwad Hitler's birthday, so that means students make threats = hardly any kids in school = not enough softball players.

I'm not the head coach. I'm the lowest rank coach, so I just sort of stand back and let them make big decisions. They decide that we are going to call and wait around until we get a few more ladies to show. Well, the head JV coach decides not to go to our away game since it didn't look like we'd have enough players for two games. Alas, we sort of did.

With only 7 players we managed to play a pretty solid game. 8-12. Can't complain. Through it all, they communicated, discovered a rising star catcher (pretty sure she caught one of the highest pitches I've ever seen a catcher grab), we held the other team with no runs for an inning, and we hit runs in each inning. Even better than all of those things and other little details not mentioned, the ladies left the field feeling really good about themselves.

Finally, winners.

Way to go Amazing!

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Ms. E
My profile
eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates