« Home | I'm obsessed. » | Thanks a lot Natasha for tagging me with this stup... » | I'm finally getting real. With the help of an ama... » | Being Still » | Decisions » | Lying » | Bahamas » | Thai food and head food » | Cleansed » | Guilty? » 

27 May 2007 

Administrative Chaos

Okay, check this out.

I was offered a job at a charter school that pretty much is everything I believe in with regards to environment and rigor.

My current school is zero-based, which means that everyone is being fired and will have to reapply for their jobs. They also, apparently, have the option to transfer schools. Usually, in Baltimore, you have to teach at a school for three years straight before you can transfer.

Except, they're not letting me transfer, even though I'm getting fired. I'm not sure why people who do half the amount of work I do, make twice as much, get to decide what next steps I take in my career.

In the meantime, I'm doing frivolous things for my current school that make me want to scrape my eyes out. Like make diplomas, certificates, etc.

I like my current school, but I have more to gain and a better impact moving to this other charter school. Plus the principal there is like the karate kid.

Find SOME WAY to do it Amy!!!

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Ms. E
My profile
eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates