« Home | » | We won... » | Body World » | "She cares because it's her first year." » | Brandi Carlile » | Freedom » | Who am I to judge? » | Leave » | Years » | Mango Street » 

08 May 2006 

Mixed Bag

The answering machine told me that I have an interested principal who would like to do a phone interview. My throat, instantly dry. Change in my life can't be anymore thrusted.

My email told me that I have to contact five different people and tell them my travel plans to Baltimore. Then I read I must arrive between 3 - 6 p.m. Is that possible in a two day drive from Minnesota? Ugh. Oh wait. I still have to move out of the apartment I live in now. one.thing.at.a.time.

The sun burned through my navy blue t-shirt as I hollered - slightly exhausted - "Who are you?" to a softball player. Once the weakest player at the beginning of the season, today she caught everything with perfect form and threw the ball like a pro. The two of us couldn't stop smiling all throughout practice. She even figure out her hitting. Damn. This type of development makes me sad the season is over after today. More time would buy...

My students hollered at me across the gym during opening ceremony to say "Hi." My voice mail relayed that these same students also called me when they were hanging out this weekend to say hi and that they hoped I'm having a good weekend. I got to be that teacher, the one where students forget about looking like a school-boy (see rock star complex).

My friend reminded me, through a story about herself, to stay focused on this last month in this town. No matter the preparations I must endure (there are still 48 hours of curriculum to experience), be here now because it'll be gone.


The sink reminded me that I feel like chaos because my environment at my apartment is chaos. Things need organizing. Like my brain.

It's that constant adrenaline for the unknown future and endearing past that keeps me awake longer than my body's will.

itn't it weird how the prospect of the interview makes it so much more real?

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Ms. E
My profile
eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates